Archbishop Gustavo Garcia-Siller addressing the candidates before Mass
Two Year Formation
Beginning in the 9th Grade
Students will prepare for Confirmation as part of our
Life Teen program on Sunday evenings
**Good Attendance over a two year period
**Be in at least 10th grade at the time of Confirmation
**Attend an overnight retreat
**Complete 30 hours of service
**Complete a Personal Interview
**Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2ND YEAR CANDIDATES
- Write letter to sponsor - October 2013- Done at Home
- Sponsor Meeting - November 17 at 4 pm in St. Mary's Hall
- Entrance Ritual @ 5:30 pm Mass on Nov. 17 for sponsors and candidates
- Confirmation Retreats: December 7-8 and March 29-30 at Slumber Falls
- Parent Meetings - First night: September 15
- Mandatory Parent Meeting - October 20 at 4 pm in St. Mary's Hall
- Teen ACTS Retreat: Jan. 30-Feb. 2, 2014 and July 31-August 3, 2014
- Rite of Election ceremony @ 5:30 pm Mass for sponsors and candidates - March 23
- Reconciliation - to be held on retreats
- Confirmation Rehearsals - TBA
- Confirmation - TBA - We will have two dates and teens will be divided alphabetically. We should have dates before Christmas
Follow these official church guidelines when selecting a Confirmation sponsor:
To parents of older Confirmation Candidates:
If your son or daughter starts the program in 10th grade,
Any 11th or 12th grader who needs the Sacrament of Confirmation will attend Life Teen on Sunday evenings and most likely be confirmed in that year providing he or she completes all other requirements,
Please consult with the Coordinator of Youth Ministry to determine readiness and preparation for Confirmation for any student who begins after the 9th grade.
Life Teen Program - Sundays 6:30 - 8:45 pm
- First year students will meet in St. Mary's Hall for dinner and Life Nights on Sunday evenings.
- Second year students will meet in St. Anne's Hall after dinner (which is held in St. Mary's Hall). We will be using the Confirmation program Onenight by Life Teen.
Confirmation interviews will be conducted in February. Before entering this final phase of Confirmation preparation, students will have to turn in a copy of baptism certificate, sponsor information, and any other requested paperwork.